NVIDIA Spectrum switches support detailed and contextual telemetry with NVIDIA What Just Happened® (WJH). WJH dramatically reduces mean time to issue resolution by providing instant answers to when, what, who, where and why questions as soon as an issue occurs. Spectrum switches implement hardware- accelerated histograms track and summarize queue depths at a sub-microsecond granularity. Hardware-accelerated histograms avoid false-alerts common to simple watermarks and threshold based methods.
NVIDIA Spectrum SN2000 Open Ethernet Switches
The Industry’s Fastest 25/100GbE Switch
NVIDIA® Spectrum® SN2000 provides the highest performance with 1/10/25/40/50/100GbE speeds. With comprehensive support for virtualization and large forwarding tables, Spectrum SN2000 is ideal for building large layer-2 and layer-3 data center fabrics. Additionally, SN2000 is optimized for storage workloads, with unique switch form factors that integrate into hyperconverged Infrastructure and software-defined storage management system for ease of deployment and administration.
Max Port Speed
Max Media Access Control (MAC) Table
Packets per Second
Max IPV4 Routes
SPECTRUM NETWORKING ADVANTAGES
NVIDIA Spectrum switches feature a fully shared and monolithic packet buffer architecture. This superior buffer architecture provides a fair, predictable and high-performance data path that is essential for scale out software defined storage and modern multi-tenant cloud deployments. Spectrum switches deliver a robust high bandwidth and low latency data path for remote direct-memory access over converged Ethernet (RoCE) and machine learning applications that leverage GPUDdirect®.
NVIDIA Spectrum switches support best-in-class Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) with support for 6X more tunnels and tunnel end points. Its 256K shared forwarding entries can be flexibly used across access-control lists (ACL), longest prefix match (LPM) routes, host routes, MAC tables, and equal-cost multi-path (ECMP) and tunnel applications.
- Industry’s fastest 100/25GbE Ethernet switch with 300ns port-to-port latency
- High-bandwidth performance with consistent low latency
- Fair bandwidth sharing with fully shared packet buffer
- Rich data center features at unprecedented scale with NVIDIA FlexFlow™ packet processing
- Advanced network virtualization with support for high-performance, single-pass VXLAN routing and IPv6 and multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) segment routing
- Programmable pipeline with the ability to programmatically parse, process, and edit packets
- Robust RoCE transport to power NVMe-oF and machine learning applications that leverage GPUDdirect.
- The SN2000 Ethernet platforms are part of the NVIDIA-certified portfolio of products optimized for AI workloads.
Supported Operating Systems
- NVIDIA Cumulus Linux™
- NVIDIA Onyx®
- Up to 3.2Tbps switching capacity
- Up to 4.76Bpps packet processing rate
- Support for 1/10/25/40/50/100GbE speeds
- Advanced Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
- Single pass VXLAN bridging and routing
- 256K forwarding entries that can be flexibly used across layer-2, layer-3, tunnelling and other protocols
- Precision Timing Protocol (PTP), Network Timing Protocol (NTP)
- Advanced telemetry with What Just Happened (WJH)
SN2000 COMPARISON TABLE
|Connectors||100GbE Ports||50GbE Ports||40GbE Ports||25/10/1GbE Ports||Height||Max Throughput||Total Packets per Second|
|SN2010||18x SFP2825GbE +4x QSFP28 100GbE||4||8**||4||18+16**||1U||850Gb/s||1.26Bpps|
|SN2100||16x QSFP28 100GbE||16||32**||16||64**||1U||1.6Tb/s||2.38Bpps|
|SN2410||48x SFP2825GbE +8x QSFP28 100GbE||8||16**||8||48+16**||1U||2.0Tb/s||2.97Bpps|
|SN3420||48x SFP28 25GbE||12||—||12||48+48**||1U||2.4Tb/s||3.57Bpps|
|SN2700||32x QSFP28 100GbE||32||64**||32||64**||1U||3.2Tb/s||4.76Bpps|